Some thoughts this morning. Praying with all the energy of heart (Moroni 7:48) is the same thing as receiving and having a broken heart and contrite spirit. I think it is the same condition. The same state of being.
If my heart is broken it means my heart is completely and wholly open to God and my will no longer separates me from God.
This is the condition of praying with all the energy of heart. When we pray that way, all the energy, desire, love, and commitment of our hearts are given to the Father. We do not divert any energy of our heart to our own will, project, or self. Our heart is broken of any pride. It is completely at-one with the heart of God.
The broken heart and contrite spirit, as outlined before, is the key to overcoming this world and receiving the blessings of exaltation. The blessings include:
- Overcoming temptation and shutting the gates of hell against us (2 Nephi 4:32)
- Being baptized by fire and receiving the fullness of the Holy Ghost (3 Nephi 9:20)
- The fullness of the atonement (2 Nephi 2:7)
- Rend the veil and receive a fullness of priesthood and revelation from the Father (Ether 4:15)
The blessings of Moroni 7:45 are of the same order. When we learn to pray with all the energy of hearts, or rather, pray with a broken heart and contrite spirit, we receive the following blessings:
- Become full of love
- Become the Sons and Daughters of God
- Shall have the same likeness of Christ
- Will be purified as Christ is purified
Is there a greater thing that we can seek than to have our hearts completely broken before the Lord? Is there anything greater that we could learn to do than pray with all the energy of heart?
This is the fruit of true faith and real repentance. It connects us with the powers of heaven. It infuses us with the unspeakable Gift of the Holy Ghost.